The Flight Jacket - Folio Bundle includes the iPad Flight Jacket and your choice of Air Folio or Mini Folio
- Flight Jacket features:
- Custom designed to fit all Apple tablet models
- Premium, natural, vegetable dyed textured or distressed hides throughout
- Hand crafted, one at a time, as an individual expression of the leather making art
Top grain, pebble satin black model available, vintage is sold out.
- Fully padded and lined, super soft poly suede interior
- Sleek, compact vertically oriented design that moves with you
- Dual silent magnetic closure
- Removable front storage pouch
- Front and rear flat pockets
- Front flap zippered pocket
- Removable shoulder strap
- Optional backpack strap set turns any iPad Flight Jacket into a backpack
- Optional matching shoulder pad
- Folio Features:
- Choose from Air or Mini cases
- Mini Folio fits original Mini and Retina Mini models
- Air 2 Folio fits Air 1 and Air 2 models
- All hides matched to Flight Jacket
- Contrasting, curved white stitching highlights the industry's highest build quality
- Smart cover technology with auto on/ off feature
- Custom stamped and welded alloyed steel frame insures a perfect fit for your Air or Mini
- Black ultra suede interior and frame provides 100% distraction free experience
- Frame designed not to interfere with the touch screen
- Easily folds into movie and typing modes
- Interior flap prevents slippage
- Elegant magnetic closure
- Full camera integration
- "Soundboard" frame design projects sounds from speaker
- Any questions? Use the contact form below and we'll get right back to you
Who is This Product For?
Our Premium Leather iPad Cases Bundle is for the person who wants their cake and eats it too! The Bundle is made up of our beautifully designed, beautifully made, handcrafted Folio combined with our iPad Flight Jacket, each perfectly matched to the other. Professional and built to last, we have been told our Folio is the best leather iPad case available from anyone at any price. Our iPad Flight Jacket is for the Apple tablet owner who knows how to pack light. A minimalist design to be used each day. It provides exceptional protection for any Apple tablet, phone and other personal items without the bulk, weight, or mass associated with other cross body bags. The backpack option expands the functionality. Together they are one of the most unique and individualistic ways to transport and protect your Apple tablet.
Our Leather iPad Cases - The Best Bundle in iPad Air Protection
What do you get when you combine the best iPad Air Folio with our original, authentic iPad Flight Jacket? Two iPad cases that are quite possibly the best iPad Air case bundle available anywhere at any price. The iPad Air goes in the Folio and the Folio goes into the iPad Flight Jacket and you're good to go. Premium leather hides are used throughout both products creating a beautifully crafted, handmade, matched set of pure iPad Air protection. And with the bundle you save $20.00 vs. purchasing the items separately which makes the best set of iPad cases to protect your Air even better.
iBusiness Magazine Review: MacCase Leather iPad Cases Bundle Review
The following is a reprint of the recent iBusiness Magazine review of the MacCase iPad Flight Jacket / Folio bundle by David Holan.
MacCase has designed two premium leather iPad cases for your Air, and in this instance, are sold as a bundled pair.
The Flight Jacket
The first is the Flight Jacket, a portrait-style messenger bag designed to carry a laptop or iPad and a few essentials. Mine is the distressed leather in “Vintage”, or brown. It’s a lovely leather, put together with care, and looks very stylish as well. I did not get the should pad with mine, and wish now that I had. There is also a set of optional backpack straps that I did not review. The Flight Jacket has an open sleeve pocket on the back, perfect for quick access to your flight documents, a zippered pocket on the outside of the top flap (where I store my head- phones), a handle at the top, and a removable pocket on the lower front. It’s nice to see an old fashioned metal clip for this pocket, and this pocket is large enough for a MacBook power supply and cables. Under the top flap, there is also an- other sleeve pocket, and the main compartment flap is held closed by some pretty strong magnets. It come with a shoulder strap which is easily long enough to be worn cross-body. All in all, its very stylish and functional - a pleasing combination. The Flight Jacket is fully lined and padded, and will protect whatever you put in it with style. Keep in mind that this is not ‘hard protection’ so will not likely protect from a significant fall, but is more than enough to protect from everyday bumps and transport.
The Premium Leather Folio
The matching iPad case is just as pleasing and well-made. The folio utilizes a black velour interior, well padded with an internal hard protection, and, of course, the external is the same vintage distressed leather used in the Flight Jacket.
The folio uses smart sleep technology magnets, so the iPad sleeps when the cover closes, and wakes when the cover opens. In regards to fit, there was one small issue with the case I reviewed. The cutout for the home button is not quite large enough to allow full and complete access, but access is sufficient and does not impede function significantly; it would be nice if it were lowered enough so that there was full access to the home button, but it’s not a deal breaker.
In terms of functionality, the case stands for viewing or typing via a flap on the back that the cover tucks into.
Things I like: The leather, the contrast stitching, the logo, the designer’s logo on the back, the padding (protection) - even if it makes the folio a bit thicker. And I like the set immensely, the Folio and the Flight Jacket. They look stunning together and provide stylish protection for the iPad. The folio is a snug fit in the Flight Jacket, but for me, that feels more secure than the iPad in the Flight Jacket without a cover. It doesn’t need one, to be sure, but that’s my preference. I prefer to keep the iPad in a cover anyway, just to avoid dropping it or for further functionality and protection. Aluminum and glass is slippery.
Overall rating: These cases are highly recommended.