The 12 MacBook Backpack provides an innovative, horizontal protection orientation within the vertical backpack design
- Built in sleeve custom fit to the 12 MacBook
- 12 MacBook slides into the sleeve horizontally providing greater protection
- Horizontal orientation of MacBook provides a lower center of gravity, improving stability
- Organic round shape disguises expensive hardware contents
- Compact, extremely lightweight design featuring new "Diamond Weave" nylon fabric
- Free Accessory Pouch included
- Dedicated iPad compartment
- "BrightSight" interior design makes it easier to find your stuff
- "Tilt Away" main compartment opening allows easier access to interior
- "X" Brace air mesh rear panel provides outstanding comfort
- Padded "shawl style" shoulder straps
- Thickly padded floor allows backpack to be placed on hard surface without worry
- Top of the line YKK zippers with soft touch rubber pulls
- Side mounted water bottle pocket
- Integrated top handle
- Heavy duty textured bottom panel for long wear life
- Optional additional Accessory Pouches available for cables, chargers, adapters, etc.
- Pouches feature top of the line YKK zippers with custom rubber pulls
- Pouches are perfectly matched to the 12 MacBook Backpack
- Any questions? Use the contact form below and we'll get right back to you
Who is This Product For?
Our 12 MacBook Backpack
is for any 12 MacBook owner looking for excellent protection in a lightweight, compact day use pack. The unique horizontal storage orientation within the vertical form makes this pack one of the best protection solutions available for the Apple's latest 12" laptop. This is due to it's low center of gravity which is inherently more stable for you to wear and the complete, padded coverage for the laptop within the built in sleeve. The free accessory pouch makes a great value even better.
Read the "Behind the Design" blog post about this product here
A 12 MacBook Backpack - Best Small Laptop Backpack?
When it came time to find a backpack solution for Apple latest laptop, the 12" MacBook, we looked long and hard a all kinds of possibilities. We had just spent a lot of time and money developing a new backpack that we were pretty proud of. Our goal was to design and build the best small laptop backpack. It was lighter, more compact and provided a higher level of personal safety than any backpack in our history. It was a good place to start. But the 12" MacBook is pretty special and we wanted a protection solution that spoke to that uniqueness.
At MacCase we excel at seeing things differently. When the rest of the world copied each others inferior sleeve designs we kept on making our sleeves with the opening along the short axis that maximized protection. We redefined what a laptop case could be by changing the orientation of the form from horizontal to vertical in our Flight Jacket and Jacket models. The repeated it with our vertically oriented Flight Case, reinventing the leather briefcase.
So the question kept coming up as to how best to protect the fragile and vulnerable 12" MacBook. Most laptop backpacks place the laptop in the pack vertically. We should know. We do it on a number of current models. And there are very good reasons for doing this based on sound design principals, packaging and ingress / ingress.
12 MacBook Backpack - A Turn for the Better
But what if we had a computer that we could turn so it's long axis was perpendicular to the long axis of the pack? What benefit would that provide to you, the customer and the user? Two very important and positive benefits, it turns out.
The first being the fragile and vulnerable 12" MacBook is much safer and more secure because no part of it sticks out above the built in sleeve. It's 100% protected by a thick layer of foam and liner materials. Secondly, while the 12" MacBook is not a heavy laptop, the more you can lower your center of gravity the better. Ask a race car driver.
By placing the computer in the sleeve horizontally, the center of gravity for the entire pack is lower and therefore your center of gravity is lower. All the basic activities you will do while wearing the pack, walking across campus, down a crowded city street, running to a gate to catch a flight, riding a bike or motorcycle, will be made more stable and comfortable due to the lower center of gravity the horizontal orientation provides.
So we started with an extremely lightweight, compact design with separate hardware compartments. Added a little bit of our famous MacCase ingenuity and created what we feel is a 12 MacBook backpack that will provide years of protection for the computer. And with all the personal safety features of the pack, protection for something much more important, you our customer.