Should I Cover My Tablet?
Tablets have evolved from luxury gadgets to indispensable tools in our daily lives. Whether you're using one for work, entertainment, or staying connected, your tablet is an investment worth protecting.
Whether you're looking for a cover for an Android tablet or an iPad case, is it a good idea? Should you take the plunge and wrap it in a tablet cover? Let's delve into the reasons why you might want to, and the world of Android covers and iPad folios.
Should I Cover My Tablet?
The choice to cover you tablet or not will depend on the level of risk your tablet is exposed to on a regular basis. The higher the level of risk, the greater the need will be for investing in a cover.
First, let's tackle the "why" of covering your tablet. The primary reasons revolve around protection, functionality, and personalization.
• Protection: Tablets, while sleek and portable, are delicate creatures. A single drop can lead to a cracked screen or internal damage. An Android or iPad case acts as a protective shield, safeguarding your device from scratches, dings, and those unfortunate accidents.
• Screen Safety: Many tablet covers come with a cover flap that shields the screen when not in use. This feature alone can prevent scratches and smudges, preserving the clarity of your tablet's display. This is important for large tablets like Apple's 12.9 iPad Pro. Look for an Android or iPad Pro case that offers excellent screen protection if you have a large screen model.
• Functionality: Tablet covers can be more than just armor. They often include clever features that enhance your tablet experience. Fold-able covers can double as stands for hands-free use, and some even integrate keyboards for increased productivity.
• Personal Style: Let's face it, we love to make our devices our own. An Android or iPad case lets you express your personality through color, pattern, or even custom designs. It's a way to make your tablet uniquely yours.
Now, let's zoom in on the star of the tablet cover world: the smart cover. Smart covers are renowned for their versatility and functionality. They're often called by various names like folio cases, covers, portfolios, and more, but their purpose remains the same: to protect and enhance your tablet.
What is the Best Type of Cover for a Tablet?
The best type of cover for a tablet is the one that best needs your individual needs. It should provide protection, enhance functionality and make using your tablet more enjoyable.
The simplest and most basic form of tablet protection is the back cover. This just covers the rear panel, edges and corners of your tablet. They are the least expensive and provide the least protection, but sometimes something is better than nothing.
While "smart cover" is a common term, you might come across various other names for these versatile accessories including folio, case, portfolio and stand cover. Their designs and functionality might vary depending on the word used.
Let's take a closer look:
• Folio Cover: This term is often used for tablet covers that have a book-like design, typically with a flap that covers the screen. Folio covers can offer all-around protection.
• Case: "Case" is a broad term that encompasses various tablet cover designs. It can refer to both slim, minimalist covers and more robust, protective cases.
• Portfolio: A portfolio case is similar to a folio but often emphasizes professionalism. It's an excellent choice for business users who want to carry their tablet in style. Android and iPad Pro cases like this will usually come in leather.
• Cover Stand: Some covers are primarily designed to function as stands. These are ideal for users who need their tablet to stay propped up for extended periods.
How Does a Tablet Smart Cover Work?
A tablet smart cover is a multi-part accessory designed to work seamlessly with your tablet turning it on when the cover is opened and off when the cover is closed.
These type of covers typically function through a magnetic attachment. Smart covers have built-in magnets that align with corresponding magnets on the tablet. This magnetic attachment ensures a secure and precise fit.
When you place the cover near the tablet, it effortlessly snaps into place. Smart covers often have a sensor that detects when the cover is opened or closed. When you open the cover, your tablet wakes up from sleep mode. Close it, and the tablet goes to sleep. This feature not only saves battery but also offers convenience.
Many smart covers are fold-able and can be manipulated into different positions. You can fold the cover to create a stand, allowing you to prop up your tablet for comfortable viewing or typing.
The cover flap provides an additional layer of protection for your tablet's screen. When closed, it shields the display from potential hazards.
So, should you cover your tablet? The answer is a resounding yes, for most users. The benefits of protection, functionality, and personalization that tablet covers offer outweigh any potential drawbacks.
Whether you opt for a smart cover, folio, an Android or iPad case, portfolio, or another design, you'll be making a wise investment in the longevity and usability of your tablet. Remember that the choice of a tablet cover is a matter of personal preference and needs.
Consider your usage patterns, your style, and the level of protection required. Whether you're using your tablet for work, entertainment, or creative pursuits, there's a cover out there that's the perfect fit. So, embrace the world of tablet covers, and let your tablet shine while staying safe and functional.
If you found this article helpful, please leave a comment and let us know. Thanks!
Here are other articles you may be interested in: