MacBook Pro Messenger Bag
Availability: In stock and shipping
• Orders recieved by 2pm PST ship same day
• All others ship next business day
• $5.05 flat rate U.S. ground shipping
- Removable MacCase Sleeve and Messenger shell combine for the ultimate in MacBook Pro bag versatility
- Use each component together or separately
- Choose from 13"or 15" sizes custom designed for each size Pro/ Air
- Shell Features:
- Compact, extremely lightweight design
- Main compartment zipper protects from bad weather
- Top of the line YKK zippers with soft touch, rubber pulls
- 11 assorted pockets and compartments
- Spaces to store iPad Pro 9.7, Air or Mini
- Padded and lined BrightSight interior makes it easier to find your stuff
- Twin hidden compartments accessible without opening the main flap
- Padded air mesh rear panel
- Heavy duty 50mm adjustable shoulder strap with non-slip pad
- Large, easy access front flap pocket
- "Quick Grab" handle
- Side mounted H2O bottle pocket
- Side mounted phone/ music player/ keys pocket
- Heavy duty textured bottom panel for long wear life
- 13" and 15" Sleeves feature:
- 13" : Durable, waterproof "brushed" exterior nylon fabric
- 15" : Durable, waterproof diamond weave exterior nylon fabric
- Ultra thin, ultra light, ultra protective
- Soft touch interior liner will not harm finish
- Sleeve in Sleeve" design provides highest level of protection
- Dually layered, padded protection
- Zipperless design will not scratch like sleeves with zippers
- Horizontal Sleeve works harmoniously with horizontally orientated shell
- Structured seam tape perimeter bumper helps absorbs impacts
- Optional matching Accessory Pouch
- 1 Year Limited Warranty / 14 Day Return Policy
- Any questions? Call M-F 10-4 PST, chat or use the contact form below
Our MacBook Pro Messenger Bag is for any 13 or 15 Apple laptop owner looking for the ultimate in protection and versatility in a super lightweight messenger style bag. These Mac Pro cases will hold almost everything you can throw at it and then some. Hardware, personal items, travel goods, iPads, iPhones, even breakfast!
- Messenger Bag: 15 x 13 x 5.25 / 16-22 oz
- 13" Sleeve: 13 x 10 x .5
- 15" Sleeve: 15 x 11 x .75
MacCase MacBook Pro Bag Review by Anthony King - MacMod.com
MacCase has been in the business of making Apple-specific laptop cases since 1998. The California based company offers a variety of cases including hard cases, slings, and messenger bags. In all, there are 7 types of cases and most are available in several sizes and colors.
The company specializes in matching its product design to the Apple laptops they are made to carry. I took their messenger bag for a spin and found it to be attractive, versatile, and well constructed.
This MacBook Pro messenger bag is extremely versatile. In fact, when I received the product I immediately noticed the large number of pockets all over the bag. The main compartment contains ample storage space and a separate pocket for the laptop. At first glance, I was taken back by the vivid neon color of the main compartment.
MacCase calls this BrightSight because it's designed to reflect ambient light to provide better visibility into the case. A nice feature of the messenger is the included laptop sleeve. I was able to customize it to the exact size of my Apple laptop. On the outside of the main compartment are three more pockets and separate pen pockets. A large flap folds over the top.
This protects your valuable cargo, and providing even more storage via a zip-up pocket on the outside. On one side of the bag I found an iPhone pocket. On the other, a mesh pocket for a water-bottle. The iPhone pocket will fit just about any mp3 player or any cell phone. A rubberized headphone pass-through on the iPod pocket keeps your player dry in light rain.
One of the biggest selling points of any of MacCase's products is their style. Anyone who has tried to find a decent looking laptop bag at their local Best Buy or Office Depot knows that 90% of the bags on the market are lucky to be considered bland. Most are downright ugly, unless you are willing to shell out $100 or more. The messenger bags from MacCase are available for around $69.95.
The main materials are nylon so if you're looking for leather this bag isn't for you. However, I prefer nylon because it's more durable and will survive longer in the urban jungle. Besides the simple MacCase logo, the bag is void of any distracting graphics or annoying text. Attractive and durable zippers and buckles complement the stylish look of the bag.
A simple black strap with shoulder pad round out the package. It's also worth noting that the backside of the bag. The part that touches the leg is well padded to protect your laptop from being bashed by your thigh.
After much use, I was impressed with the quality materials that MacCase used in the construction of their messenger bags. The seams look sturdy and the zippers are of the highest quality. I shouldn't have been surprised then that the shoulder strap was connected to the bag using metal harnesses. It's refreshing to see a company spend a little extra money where it matters.
THE M.O.M. (Massively Overstocked Mother) TEST
I'm a pretty simple guy. I carry around a few chargers, my laptop, and a handful of other accessories. A far cry from my mother who is a PhD aspiring student and UGA professor. She carries two full bags containing books, food, glasses, and much more.
See the bottom of this review for a complete list of her daily tote. I laid out everything on a table and began the heady task of packing it into the MacCase messenger bag. Astonishingly, the bag virtually inhaled everything with nary a complaint
There seemed to be a spot for every item in her inventory. The bag even had enough room left over to fit my 13" Apple laptop in it's sleeve. The messenger bag passed the M.O.M. test with flying colors! Here's that this bag had to hold:
The M.O.M. Test:
- 3 textbooks books
- 1 full desk organizer
- 1 pocket size (Gideon) New Testament
- 1 notepad
- 1 class record
- 1 2-subject /100 sheets) notebook with heavy-duty front & back covers
- One full pack of saltine crackers (41 crackers)
- 4 plastic covers to keep handwritten notes, class hand-outs, syllabi, and typing papers
- 2 water bottles
- Lunch bag with 2 sandwiches and vegetables
- Glasses - sun- / reading
- Maps of UGA campus and Athens transit routes pamphlets
- Magnifying glasses
- Date books
- Allergy / pain medicine
- Cough drops
- Travel size toothpaste, toothbrush,
- Hand lotion - plastic bags - scissors - pocket size alarm clock - calculator - dental floss
- Tissue paper
- Paper towels, napkins
- Make-up mirror
- Lip moisturizer
- Cell phone
- Scotch tape
- Mega size clips for large documents
- Rubber band
- Boxes of matches.
- Oh yea, I almost forgot, a 13" MacBook too.
THE GOOD: The bag is well constructed, attractive, and bargain priced. Attention to detail and a
generous amount of space means you'll be hard pressed to fill this bag to capacity.
THE BAD: The flap covers the buckles just enough to make it difficult to close them. The main compartment
could use another divider since it's so large. There's no carrying handle.
THE SKINNY: The most versatile laptop bag I've ever tested. The MacCase MacBook Pro bag is a real winner!
MacBook Pro Bag - Defining Super Protection
Messenger bags started out as simple, lightweight protective shoulder bags you could use everyday. MacCase Messenger Bags have remained true to this mission. Our latest design is no different: A simple, lightweight, protective place to store and carry a 13” or 15” Apple laptop plus all the other things you need to get through your day.
We started out with the ultra lightweight shell from our Universal Messenger then add the proven protection of our Sleeve. This creates an overall design that is very lightweight and extremely protective.
These are "super protection" laptop messenger bags. Apple laptop owners are obsessed with protecting their very pretty and very expensive computers. This MacBook Pro bag feeds your protection obsession. No one knows more about designing products to protect Apple laptops than MacCase. We created the market.
Messenger Bag + Sleeve = A Protected Laptop
With the introduction of our Universal Messenger Bag we rewrote the book on what an affordable, stylish messenger bag could be. Never before were so many features, quality materials and functionality offered at such an affordable price.
When you put real things into the world, there is a point when that thing is new, when it lives and ultimately when it dies. This is called the product life cycle. At MacCase our product life cycles are quite long. This is because our chief designer doesn't do trendy.
Introduced around 2007, the design for our previous Messenger Bag lasted a long time and was a perennial best seller. It had something that no other messenger bag had and this is what turned it into possibly the best MacBook Pro bag you could find: A separate sleeve to protect the computer.
All the other laptop bags at the time had a built in sleeves, a sort of a one size fits all solution. And this works if your target customer is anyone with a laptop. But Apple customers are different. They want something just for their 13" 15" Apple laptop.
Our new Apple specific messenger bag is such a solution. We took our state of there art messenger bag and combined it with the proven protection of our MacCase Sleeve to create the most protective, lightest, most functional and best value in a MacBook Pro bag ever!
While your Apple laptop is fully protected by the included MacCase Sleeve, there are a number of places to put your iPad or iPad Pro if you want to bring it along. Many of the storage places for the iPads are deep inside the structure of the messenger shell. Pockets that are easy to reach yet lead into areas inside the bag that provide great protection. This is the essence of MacCase design and makes these new models one of the best MacBook Pro bags available for the money.