Premium Leather iPad Pro 10.5 Case
Availability: In stock and shipping
• Orders recieved by 2pm PST ship same day
• All others ship next business day
• $5.05 flat rate U.S. ground shipping
- The last case you'll have to buy for your 10.5" Apple tablet. Guaranteed.
- Works with all 10.5 iPad models
- Find the 10.5 Keyboard Compatible Folio Case here
- Premium, vegetable dyed, ultra "soft hand" ethically sourced leathers
- Hand crafted, one at a time, as an individual expression of the leather making art
- Authentic, unfinished, real distressed Vintage brown hides
- Contrasting, curved white stitching highlights the industry's highest build quality
- Innovative polymer tray will never wear out and never needs to be replaced
- Frameless design creates the appearance of your 10.5" floating in the case
- Tray material is impact absorbent and provides excellent corner protection
- "Infinite Angle" adjustability from near 90 to near 20 degrees
- Cover can be folded back onto itself like a magazine (We recommend doing it slowly so the materials are allowed to stretch naturally).
- Smart cover technology with auto on/ off feature (pre- 2019 10.5 models only)
- Completely padded, black ultra suede interior provides 100% distraction free experience
- Elegant magnetic case closure
- Full camera integration
- 10.25" x 7.25" x .5" / 8 oz.
- Magnetic Accessory System (MAS)-
- Choose from 4 optional, attachable / detachable Accessories:
- Apple Pencil Holder - Holds Apple Pencil or similar sized stylist
- Cable Pouch - Holds all your iPad cables, adapters, ear buds, etc.
- Paper Holder - Holds 4-6 sheets
- Business Card Holder - Holds up to a dozen cards
- Limited Lifetime Warranty / 14 Day Return Policy / $5.05 Flat Rate U.S. Shipping
- International Customers: Complete shipping costs and import duties will be shown at checkout. You will incur no further costs to receive your MacCase than those shown.
- Any questions? Call M-F 10-4 PST - 760 729 0620
What Problems Does This iPad 10.5 Case Solve?
- Provides a quality way to protect / transport your 10.5-inch and accessories
- Will last at least as long as you own the tablet
- Feel good knowing you've chosen a product made from ethically sourced leather
- No need to keep buying case after case due to poor quality
- Meets your need for a professional, well made, durable, protective and aesthetically pleasing case
- Options allow you to customize the case to meet your needs
Is This the Best iPad Pro 10.5 Case For Me?
If you're tired of buying case after case on amazon or similar sites only to have them quickly fall apart or are tired of spending hours searching for a quality cover then this 10.5 inch case is for you. If you're ready for an intelligently designed, beautifully made, handcrafted alternative to the plethora of disposable, low quality iPad cases available everywhere else, this is the Folio you’re looking for.
Not sure what size iPad you have? Click here to find out how to measure an iPad for a case.
iPad Pro 10.5 Leather Case - Behind the Design
The latest in a series of interviews about the story behind the design of MacCase products. For this interview, we are speaking to MacCase President and Michael Santoro about the new iPad Pro 10.5 case for Apple's latest mid-sized tablet.
JKD- This new iPad Pro 10.5 portfolio is a radical change from the original design you did for Apple's mid-sized tablet. With the focus on the 11 and the new 10.5 Air, why launch a new design for the "old" 10.5 Pro?
MS: I'm insane. No, really, that's why. I know there is going be that one customer, or let's hope for more than one, who is going to call or email and ask us if we make a case for the iPad Pro 10.5.
I take great pride in the fact that MacCase represents the pinnacle of Apple portable protection, not just for the current models, but for the legacy models as well.
If you asked any business school professor if making cases for outdated products makes any sense whatsoever from a financial standpoint, I am sure he or she would laugh and tell you of course not.
JKD: Knowing this, you still produced this new case for the 10.5 Pro?
MS: Yes, because you see Jody, I went to art school not business school. And that has made all the difference.
Inside the New Leather Folio - iPad Pro 10.5
JKD: The previous MacCase leather Folio for the iPad 10.5 used a frame around the screen to hold the iPad in place. The new design replaces the frame with a tray. Are there benefits using one over the other?
MS: We switched to the tray design for the new case for a number of reasons. The frame that lived above the bezel around the screen was extremely hard to manufacturer. The tolerances were under a millimeter. Making things by hand with those sorts of tolerances opens you up to a lot of problems if you are not careful or don't care.
We are careful and as I have stated, we care.
First of all, the case has to function. It has to protect the iPad. This is always the first priority. The old frame didn't provide any real corner or edge protection.
All the protection came from the MacCase "offset design" where the case corners and edges absorb any impacts before reaching the actual iPad itself. While this has it's limits it did serve our customers well for 8 years.
For the new 10.5" leather Folio, we kept the "offset design" and then combined that with these beautiful polymer trays that hold the iPad securely in place. The tray is flexible and heat sensitive.
iPad Protection and Security
This insures they'll never crack like the hard plastic shells. Their flexibility allows them to adapt. The tray material is excellent at absorbing impacts to both corners and edges, two areas the old frame did not excel at. We've gone from good to great when it comes to protection.
Moreover the tray allows for about 70 degrees of angle adjustability. This is a real breakthrough in Apple tablet case design. Again, the material that makes up the tray interacts with the ultra suede liner to the point where the iPad can be held from near 90 degrees to around 20 degrees and at every angle in between. It's wonderful because it fits into almost every situation a customer might want to use the case in.
Lastly as mentioned, the old frame design was getting harder to produce as the bezel around the screens are getting smaller. If the frame was off by even 1mm, if could block the edge of the screen causing issues. The tray solves this problem as well as it leave the screen's surface completely open and unencumbered.
So the new tray design is more protective, expands functionality and removes any future quality, user interface issues now and going forward. The new 10.5 Folio is a revolutionary step forward.
iPad Pro 10.5 Case with Pencil Holder
JKD: The new leather case for the iPad Pro 10.5 has a smooth front cover that features dual magnets. What happened to the Pencil Holder?
MS: If you're going to talk about these new cases, you have to talk about the accessories. For years people have been asking for these.
They want to hold papers. They were bringing our old cases to meetings, getting document hand outs and had no place to put them. Or they were in an elevator and needed access to a business card and our old cases didn't have a place for that.
There was no place to store the AC adapter or it's cable or a cleaning cloth. We looked at grafting pockets of one sort or another onto our cases and they all looked terrible.
MacCase represents a certain level of aesthetic execution, a timelessness that we're very proud of. We were not going to throw that under the bus to create a place to store a cable or some business cards!
As I looked closer at coming up with a solution to these ongoing customer requests, I realized that a smooth front cover would allow for the 70 degrees of viewing angle I spoke of earlier. So the idea of sewing the Pencil holder to the front cover for the next generation of cases was dropped.
I looked at the magnets we were using on our iPad Sleeves and had one of those "Eureka" moments designers live for. If I embedded some magnets into the cover of the new Folios, we cold have the functionality that many customers have been asking for.
Not only that, customers who did not want any accessories would not be stuck with them sewn on nor have to pay for them if they did not want them. Its created a win-win for all our customers.
How to Install Your 10.5 iPad Pro in the Case
JKD: Can you explain the process of putting the new 10.5 into the case?
MS: Right out of the box, when you open the folio and look at the tray inside, it can appear too small. Our tray is designed to stretch, grab and hold your 10.5 inch Apple tablet. This is what makes our polymer it such a great material for this job.
Does it provide the same level of protection as some big, clip on box type case that holds the tablet? Of course not. But our customers are not looking for an off-roading, construction zone case. They are looking for the Rolls Royce case. That is what we do. The case is protective but in a elegant, almost invisible way.
When you go to install your 10.5 what you want to do first is tuck the upper left hand corner of the tablet into the upper left hand corner of the tray holding the top, outside edge of the tray to support it.
Then push the tablet up and under the top lip of the tray running your finger from left to right along the edge sealing the edge of the tray against the aluminum edge of the tablet. Then, holding the lower left hand corner, run your finger down the right edge. You'll get a sense of who the materials works and how flexible it is.
Lastly, slide you hand under the back of the tray and lightly coax the material forward, up and around so the lip of the tray comes up, over and locks the iPad into place. Then check the alignment of the edge of the tray with the edge of the tablet. If there are any waves, just run your finger along the edge to smooth it out and align them. If everything is aligned correctly, the tray will nearly disappear.
Will a case for the 10.5 Air fit the 10.5 inch iPad Pro?
The 7th generation of Apple’s 10.5 tablet is called "Air” but the 2018 model is not based on a previous version of the Air. It is a renamed 10.5 iPad Pro. Cases designed to fit the new 10.5 Air should fit the older 10.5 Pro. Contact the manufacturer of the case you're interested in and ask.
What is the best iPad Pro 10.5 leather case?
The best iPad Pro 10.5 leather case is the one that meets and exceeds your individual needs as a tablet user. Things to consider are how protective the cover is, overall quality of the leather, aesthetic design and will the cover function the way you need it to.
What is the best iPad Pro 10.5 case?
The best iPad Pro 10.5 case is the one that matches your individual needs as an Apple tablet user. To find the best case for you, consider how much protection you require, quality of materials, overall design, functionality and who manufactured any cover you may be interested in.
How long has MacCase been making iPad Pro 10.5 leather cases?
MacCase has been making leather folio cases for the 10.5 inch tablet since they were first introduced in 2017. MacCase has been making cases for Apple tablets in general since they were first introduced in 2010.