Premium Leather Gen 3 iPad Pro 12.9 Case
Availability: In stock and shipping
• Orders recieved by 2pm PST ship same day
• All others ship next business day
• $5.05 flat rate U.S. ground shipping
What Problem Does This Product Solve?
- Provides a quality way to protect / transport your 3rd generation 12.9 and accessories
- Will last at least as long as you own the tablet
- No need to keep buying case after case due to poor quality
- Meets your need for a professional, durable, protective and aesthetically pleasing case
- Premium, vegetable dyed, ultra "soft hand" leathers
- Hand crafted, one at a time, as an individual expression of the leather making art
- Choose from authentic, unfinished, real Vintage brown or
- Classic pebble grain, satin black hides
- Contrasting, curved white stitching highlights the industry's highest build quality
- For an alternative way of getting to know this product click here
- Available for Customization Program. Click here for information
- Frameless design creates the appearance of your 12.9 floating in the case
- Innovative polymer tray will never wear out, never needs to be replaced
- Tray is impact absorbant and provides excellent corner protection
- Folio will cover the Apple Pencil when Pencil is in the charging position
- 70 degree viewing angle adjustability
- Cover can be folded back onto itself like a magazine. (We recommend doing it slowly so the materials are allowed to stretch naturally).
- Completely padded, smart cover technology with auto on/ off feature
- Black ultra suede interior provides 100% distraction free experience
- Elegant magnetic case closure
- Full camera integration
- Magnetic Modular Accessory System -
- Choose from 4 optional, attachable / detachable Accessories:
- Apple Pencil Holder - Holds Apple Pencil or similar sized stylist
- Cable Pouch - Holds all your iPad cables, adapters, ear buds, etc.
- Paper Holder - Holds up to 8 sheets
- Business Card Holder - Holds up to a dozen cards
- Limited Lifetime Warranty / 14 Day Return Policy / $5.05 Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipping to most places in Canada is $40 USD
- Any questions? Call M-F 10-4 PST, chat or use the contact box
Who is This Product For?
Not sure what size or model iPad you have? Click here to find out how to measure an iPad for a case.
- Dimensions / Weight - 11.50" x 9" x .5" / 14oz
2018 iPad Pro 12.9 Leather Case Design Review
The latest in a series of interviews about the story behind the design of MacCase products. For this interview, we are speaking to MacCase President Michael Santoro about the MacCase Premium Leather 2018 12.9 iPad Pro case for the 3rd generation of Apple's largest tablet.
JKD- The new generation of your Folio design has been out for a while now. What has the reaction been?
MS: I would say it's been extremely positive but it has not been without it's moments.
JKD: How so?
MS: When you change as many things as we did on our 3rd generation 2018 iPad 12.9 case, you're bound to upset somebody. Some customers have been with us since our first tablet case in 2010. They have a vested, emotional interest in the old design. They liked the frame. They liked the integrated Pencil pocket.
This is the trap all creative people face. Do you do what you know people will like or do you follow your vision to a new place and risk alienating many of those who have supported you along the way. It's a tightrope walk.
The 3rd Generation iPad Pro Case
JKD: Do you have an example of a customer reacting to the newness of the 3rd generation 12.9 Folio design?
MS: We have a long time customer in Los Angeles. He's a television producer. His shows are very well known. He's a smart guy and knows what he wants.
He purchased a 12.9 Apple tablet when the 3rd generation came out and called to order a case. "Send me whatever you're doing", he said. There is that comfort and trust. He had been with us long enough to trust whatever MacCase was going to do for the 12.9 was going to be good enough.
Well, he received his order and called me shrieking, "Michael! What is going on with this case? Where's the pencil holder? What are these circles on the front? How does the iPad stay in the case?" He was expecting one thing and got another.
After I calmed him down and walked him through the new feature set, I told him to spend some time getting to know the case and to call me back if he had any more questions. Five minutes later the phone rang. He was calling back to tell me the 12.9 case was the best design I had ever done. He got it.
Once he let go of his old expectations and allowed himself to see what the new design had to offer, he got it. We had a good laugh about it. He's since ordered several custom versions of the case as well.
The Professional 2018 iPad Pro Case
JKD: MacCase customers are from all walks of life. Why is this folio design a good choice for professionals?
MS: In general, people are pretty busy. No one wants to have their time wasted or waste time doing the same thing over and over. Many of our customers, professionals included, come to us, or find us, after going through several inferior cases for their Apple tablet.
They're sick and tired of buying a case and having it fall apart only to have to buy another and have that one fall apart. Would you buy a suit that, after wearing it 4 times, started to fray and show wear?
Yet competent, smart people purchase substandard iPad cases everyday for the their $1200 Apple tablets only to have to buy a new one 8 weeks later. No professional wants to walk into a meeting with a case that looks like it was dragged by a pickup truck down a dirt road.
Our Folios fit perfectly in any business environments and are the choice of professionals in almost every field because they work. They work as hard as their owners do. And they never need to be replaced. The quality is at a level where you never have to think about replacing the case.
This works for professional people on several levels. You won't have to waste you time trying to find another case once you have a MacCase 12.9 Folio. Secondly, our products are free of gimmicks and trendiness. Their timeless designs are the very definition of the "professional aesthetic".
From the most conservative law offices to stadiums where epic rock and roll shows are being produced, professionals are using our gen 3 12.9 Folio to do their jobs. I know this because I talk to them.
The second reason why our case is a top choice for professionals is that no other case gives you so many options to customize the design to meet your needs on a daily basis.
This is MacCase innovation at it's best. There are solutions out there that allow for storage. They work as far as holding other things besides your iPad but you'd never want to be seen with one because aesthetically, they're a mess.
The genius of our solution is that the storage accessories can quickly and easily be removed and you have your sleek case back. With all the others, you're stuck with an embarrassing bulky mess.
Those are two solid reasons why our Premium Leather gen 3 12.9 case is head and shoulders above anything else out there. As our customers in the UK would say, our 2018 iPad case "looks the business". Our design vocabulary and quality execution combined with our Magnetic Accessory System makes our Folios the best option for professionals worldwide.
It doesn't matter if you're a professional person or not. Those features, advantages and benefits are universal.
A Pencil Holder and Beyond
JKD: Tell us about the optional accessories. How do they work? Are there some more popular than others? How did you choose the four that are available?
MS: Functionally, they cannot be any easier to use. They're either stuck to the front of your case or they're not. We specified very strong magnets to do this job. It doesn't matter if it's one or all of the accessories, they're there when you want them to be and easily removed when you don't. The system works.
Choosing which accessories we brought to market was pretty simple. They were the ones people have been asking for over the last few years. I have always felt it's important to stay close to your customers.
Doing this has allowed me to continue to converse, ask questions and really listen. It's important to not only listen to what people like about your products, but what they would like.
"I wish your case had this or I wish your case had that...", that kind of thing. After a while you start to hear the same wishes and you realize you can improve the design for a large number of people if you implement these ideas. The key is and was always how to do it in an elegant and timeless way.
Anyone can graft a bunch to pockets the front of a portfolio. A great idea is only half the challenge. A great idea poorly executed doesn't make a great product. A great idea executed in a great way leads to a great product.
It's the MacCase way. For 20 plus years we've been doing it. How do you add these features and increase the functionality while at the same time retaining our visual vocabulary, our design philosophy and values?
The options are a Pencil and Paper Holder, the Cable Pouch and a Card Holder. With the 12.9 Folio, if you add the Paper Holder you then use all the accessories at the same time.
Customers love the flexibility and expanded functionality the accessories bring to their lives. This design has been a game changer for them.