Premium Leather 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 4th Generation Case
Availability: PRE-ORDER NOW!
• Limited first run supply
• $5.05 flat rate U.S. ground shipping
Pre-Order Now! ETA 5/15
Is This the Best Leather 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 Case for Me?
Whether your searching for your first case for a Apple tablet or your 20th, you've come to the right place. MacCase invented the Apple-specific case market over 20 years ago. 20+ years later we are still innovating like no other. Our new leather 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 case is the best folio we've ever made. The last cover for an Apple tablet you'll ever have to buy.
How Does Our 4th Generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro Case Make Your Life Better?
- Provides a quality way to protect / transport your 4th generation 12.9" and accessories
- Will last at least as long as you own the tablet
- No need to keep buying case after case due to poor quality
- Meets your need for a professional, well made, durable, protective and aesthetically pleasing case
- Options allow you to customize the case to meet your needs
- If you're looking for a case like this to fit the Apple Keyboard Folio, click here
- Premium, vegetable dyed, ultra "soft hand" leathers
- Hand crafted, one at a time, as an individual expression of the leather making art
- Choose from authentic, unfinished, real Vintage brown or
- Classic pebble grain, satin black hides
- Contrasting, curved white stitching highlights the industry's highest build quality
- Available for Customization Program. Click here for information
- Frame-less design creates the appearance of your 12.9 floating in the case
- Innovative polymer tray will never wear out, never needs to be replaced
- Tray is impact absorbent and provides excellent corner protection
- NEW for 2020 models - Tray cutouts for all buttons
- Folio will cover the Apple Pencil when Pencil is in the charging position
- 70 degree viewing angle adjustability
- Cover can be folded back onto itself like a magazine. (We recommend doing it slowly so the materials are allowed to stretch naturally).
- Completely padded, smart cover technology with auto on/ off feature
- Black ultra suede interior provides 100% distraction free experience
- Elegant magnetic case closure
- Full camera integration
- Magnetic Modular Accessory System -
- Choose from 4 optional, attachable / detachable Accessories:
- Apple Pencil Holder - Holds Apple Pencil or similar sized stylist
- Cable Pouch - Holds all your iPad cables, adapters, ear buds, etc.
- Paper Holder - Holds up to 8 sheets
- Business Card Holder - Holds up to a dozen cards
- Limited Lifetime Warranty / 14 Day Return Policy / $5.05 Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipping to most places in Canada is $40 USD
- Any questions? Call M-F 10-4 PST, 760 729 0620
Not sure what size or model iPad you have? Click here to find out how to measure an iPad for a case.
- Dimensions / Weight - 11.50" x 9" x .5" / 14oz
2020 iPad Pro 12.9 Leather Case - Design Review
The latest in a series of interviews about the story behind the design of MacCase products. For this interview, we are speaking to MacCase President Michael Santoro about the new MacCase 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 4th Generation Case.
JKD- Welcome. The first question I have is did you see this new set of Apple tablets coming?
MS: Yes. Apple's tablet's, for the most part, are on an 18 month schedule. If you extrapolate out from October of 2018, that brings you to March 2020. Here we are and we got 2 new pro level tablets.
JKD: How much pre-planning are you able to do knowing that that is the schedule?
MS: It depends. It depends on what I want to do. It also depends on what Apple does. If their current models are long in the tooth and a radical redesign is in the works, we can react in a radical way to match it.
This was the case when the original Pro level tablets came out. We did our biggest single design built out in our history, creating and releasing 4 completely new models at once. It was exciting but I promised myself I would never put MacCase through that again! (laughing).
In this instance, we're getting just enough change so we have to design new Folios but not anything radical to react to. That's not to say would couldn't or wouldn't introduce a new model or two. That option is always on the table.
Designing the 12.9 iPad Pro 4th Generation Case
JKD: So what does that mean for the new 12.9 iPad Pro 4th generation case? What should customers be looking for in the new design?
MS: For the 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 Folio we're going to build on the success established by the first, second and third generations of this frame-less Folio design. It has been a huge success for us across the board.
It took a while for long time customers who were used to the frames to come around. Actually, that is not true. It took about 10 minutes of using the new designs for long time customers to fall in love with them.
For new customers, the frame-less folios were just better than anything else out there and continue to be. It's been great to get such positive feedback and to see the reviews coming in. Many people, many professional people are tired of buying case after case only to have them fall apart a short while later. Or they walk into a meeting, take their Apple tablet out and the case looks embarrassingly shoddy.
At some point they realize they've purchased the most expensive tablet on Earth and have put it in a bargain basement case. When they purchase a MacCase, specifically, this new iPad Pro 12.9 4th Gen case, it will be the last case they'll have to buy while they own that Apple tablet.
If they keep the tablet 18 months till the next one comes out, the case will only get better looking and improve with age. If they keep the tablet 18 years, the same is true. We're putting truly good things, beautifully made things into the world. People will be proud to take their new iPad out for a meeting when it's wrapped in one of our new Folios. Our designs make a statement.
Old Vs. New: Leather 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 Case with Pencil Holder
JKD: Can you give us some insight about the differences between the 3rd generation folio and the new leather 2020 12.9 iPad Pro case?
MS: The big change Apple made was to the camera. They added multiple lenses to the rear panel, really expanding the importance of this area. The tray we used for the 3rd generation model had a cutout to fit the lenses of the 3rd generation 12.9.
The design for the leather 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 case, will feature a tray designed to house and protect this new camera assembly. This will be an important feature that will dominate the rear panel of the case.
JKD: Any other areas of change for the 4th generation model?
MS: Over the years there have been a few customers who have suggested that the user experience would be better if the buttons weren't covered by the polymer material the trays are made from. The material was there for several reasons but we take customer suggestions seriously. We are always looking to improve our products.
For this new design, the buttons will not be covered. We have molded the trays so there are holes for the buttons to be accessed. Hopefully, customers will see this as an improvement.
JKD: What about the accessories? Will they be available for the new 2020 Folios?
MS: Yes, all 4 components of our Magnetic Accessory System, the Pencil Holder, Document Holder, Accessory Pouch and Card Holder will be available for the 2020 Folios. Moreover, any customer trading up for the new leather 2020 12.9 iPad case can still use any of the accessories purchased previously. The options will be backwards compatible.
Of course if you have the vintage leather hides, you might notice some visual differences between the new case and the older accessories due to their patinas being at different stages. This could be quite cool though. It should not be an issue with the black hides. Accessories purchased a year ago should visually integrate into a new black folio without a problem.
JDK: Excellent. Thank you for your time.
MS: Thank you.
Will my 2020 Pad Pro 12.9 4th generation fit in my old 12.9 case?
No. The 4th generation of Apple's largest tablet computer is different enough from the 3 previous designs to not fit in cases designed for those earlier models. If you are looking for a case for the Gen 4, you will need a case designed specifically for the 2020 12.9 model.
What is the best iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation case?
The best 4th generation 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 case is the one that meets and exceeds your individual needs as an Apple tablet user. These needs should include level of protection, overall quality and durability, overall aesthetic appearance, man-made or natural materials and overall functionality.